About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Great Weekend

I'm still smiling ear to ear! I think Blast is growing a brain!

We had an awesome weekend in Medicine Hat - the weather was great & my dogs did so well!


Blast, my ADD dog, was such a good boy - he really didn't have any zoomies! I was a little worried since it was our first outdoor trial this year & he does get distracted very easily. He was the very first dog to run & he Q'd his first Starters Standard run! He then went on to get his Starters Gamble, Starters Jumpers, & 2 Advanced Snooker Q's! For me, the Q's & ribbons are very nice, but I was just so excited that he was listening & focusing & having fun.



You know, I was trying to figure out why he's now starting to pay attention... I started to think about what I've been doing differently... and I think I finally realized that for Blast it's all about the fun - treats are nice, but playing with a ball is more rewarding, so I've been training more with a ball & warming him up with his favorite ball.



Thank to Wendy from Paws on the Run Photography for the photos!














Boo also had a pretty good weekend. His Q'd 3 out of 8 runs, which is not his best, but he was running pretty well & he actually got a Masters Gamble - & not a really easy one!

3 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

Blast did awesome Penny!!! You should be very proud of him!!!

Sarah said...

great job penny, i am glad it is clicking for you - it is about what finding what makes those ADD boys click for sure, as we know they can do it!

congrats!

Lynda said...

way to go Penny, glad your weekend was successful. You have earned it!!