About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Babies!


The babies have arrived!

This is Bizzie's first litter & she was due this Sunday. I did have a feeling she would deliver early & she did! The X-ray showed 3 puppies - yeah!
She went to the breeder's home on Monday night so she had some time to adapt to the new digs.

She was very big - gained 3 1/2 lbs - on a 6 lb dog! She came to agility class Tuesday night just to hang out & of course just had to run across the dogwalk (or should I say waddle across!)

Wed morning, she had her first puppy in Shannen's van on the way to work at the clinic! She looked at it like - what the hell? - but then mother nature took over & she figured it all out! I met Shan at the clinic so I could be there for the rest of the deliveries...

Puppy #2 took 3 hrs to deliver - it's huge! Biz was a trooper though. Puppy #3 just popped out really quickly. Thinking we were all done, we moved Biz to a clean cage, etc. & I went home. the plan was for Bizzie to stay with Shannen for a couple of days. An hour later I got a phone call - guess what - Puppy #4 just arrived! I think his name should be Bonus!

I only have photos of the first 3 puppies, but will update this blog later..
So, the stats are: 2 Sable males, 1 Sable female, & 1 black & white female.

Can you see the heart on the puppy?

















2 comments:

Sarah said...

awwww cute! congrats! i can;t wait to see them growing!

manymuddypaws said...

bonus sticks with the "b" theme....

glad that Bizzie did well and everyone is healthy!