About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cactus is a bad girl....

I actually slept in this morning & when I got up what did I find but Cactus with a package of grapes on the floor, well, actually most of the grapes were missing... fortunately, the other dogs were still in bed sleeping with me, so they didn't get any grapes.

I called the emergency clinic & they told me to give her hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting, so I did that twice & up came about 40 green grapes, still whole. No one really seems to know the effect of grapes on dogs, but my vet thinks the seeds are the toxic part. The emerg people said that grapes are only toxic to some dogs & they really don't know a lot about amount & the resulting damage that can be done to kidneys & liver. Pretty scary stuff. Hopefully she won't have suffered any damage.

3 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

how scary!!! glad she puked them up whole!

stupid shelties :o)

good thing the papillons didn't join in- with their small size I bet there would have been damage..

maybe she is so embarrased by the photo in dogsport that she wanted to do away with herself....

Papillon Penny said...

Amanda, you are so funny!

Sarah said...

LOL Amanda.