About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Distractions

well, just came back from a practice at the barn. There was no one there but us, which means lots of practice time... however, I'm finding that practice when no one's around is generally wonderful, but add in a few distractions & it's a whole new world! Now I have to figure out a way to add distractions gradually so that Blast doesn't lose his mind. Even Boo runs differently when no one else is around.

I tried a few new things today. For Blast, I used his ball as a reward & no treats, & it worked really well. He can really move through those weaves when he's focused. I did some work with deceleration & he followed me really well. Did all his contacts... in other words, he was great - now to bridge the gap between that & a real trial!

Bizzie really doesn't seem to be herself these days - not sure if she's still "hormonal" from her last heat - I remember it took a long time for her to get back to normal the last time she was in heat - she really wants to sleep a lot & she doesn't want to play as much. Maybe a trip to the vet is in order.

1 comment:

manymuddypaws said...

Kim Collins had a sheet that had some good ideas for proofing- it is in the notes somewhere....

but off the top of my head:

food bowls
throwing toys
have wayne play fetch with the other dogs
random toys on ground
put Bizzie/Boo's crate in the middle of the arena so they bark while you train....

I am sure sarah has some other ideas..I might think of more later