About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Monday, December 28, 2009

Fun Match in Olds!

Yesrerday we drove out to Olds to play at a fun match. It was of course a great time with lots of food, good friends, & great dogs.
Lynda, who organizes this fun match every year has a young student who is maybe 9 or 10 yrs old. She was there with her big lame dog. Unfortunately, he was too lame to run at all, so I offered to let her run Boo for me. Well, what a surprise! They ran really well together - she's a great little handler & I was so shocked that Boo ran for her - he of the velcro variety for so long!
It really made my day to see the smile on this little gal as she ran masters courses with her rent a dog! She also ran another sheltie for someone (BJ) & did a great job with him as well.

Bizzie & Blast haven't had much practice lately, & it really showed. Bizzie was pretty naughty on the startline again, but she ran quite well. Blast was really worried, didn't want to play with his toys, & wasn't very focused on course. He really has a tough time with new surroundings.

Anyhow, a good time was had by all (thanks Lynda!) & we better get some practice in this week since we have a couple of trials coming up soon!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Hi Penny
I always enjoy your company. So glad you and Wayne made it out.
Thanks and see you Wednesday!

manymuddypaws said...

awww, how cute about Boo and the little handler! Boo really does have a gentle soul (unless of course you give him a treat...) :o)

Sarah said...

How cool!!!! I would have lover to see Boo run with the girl, maybe he can run with your grandkids in a few years!!