About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Monday, May 30, 2011

Fun Weekend

We had a fun time in Medicine Hat this past weekend - that group always puts on a great trial (no matter what the weather does!) Weather wise we had a little of everything! (no snow thank goodness!)
I knew Blast would have a tough time coping with all the distractions of an outdoor trial & I was right - he was very unfocused, slow, worried, etc... very frustrating after all this time.
He finally managed to keep it together enough to get a snooker Q on Saturday. Sunday he was worse I think - not sure if the thunder bothered him or what - I ended up carrying him off the course in snooker when he kept bailing off the teeter. The last 2 runs were jumpers & he did Q both of them - Wayne ran him for one & I ran the other. Hope he can get his act together before Regionals... not much time left.
This was Bizzie's 2nd trial post puppies & I wasn't sure what to expect. She was running fast, but we didn't have great connection. She did manage a jumpers Q & was running a really nice snooker until I screwed up, but my goal was that she run & have fun, which she did.
Just for fun, I let Boo run a steeplechase & 2 jumpers courses. Wow, I've never seen him run so fast! He was awesome - the first jumpers was one of those runs where you're so in tune with each other it's just magic! The little guy still knows the game!
Ditto had a fun time at the trial - lots of visiting, played with Catch, a sheltie puppy, & was a very good girl. So far she is just a great puppy & easy to manage!
All in all, a good time was had by all! Next weekend, another trial in Olds, but just for one day!

No comments: