About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Monday, May 9, 2011

Learning...



Puppies are like sponges - I can't believe how quickly they learn things - the good & the bad!
Of course I think Ditto is brilliant! She seems to be a thinker & can actually pay attention (for a short time, anyways). She can now sit, come when called, nose touch my hand, potty on command & tug. I really want to make sure she is well socialized, but I'm still careful where I take her until she's had her 2nd set of shots. She really holds her own with the other dogs & loves the game of chase! Her & Bizzie (her mum) play a lot until Biz has had enough of her!
She really gives it her all to try to jump up onto the couch but still can't quite make it - I figure another week or 2 & she'll be there! Then Biz won't be able to escape her sneak attacks!

While I'm spending lots of time with Ditto, I'm trying to get Bizzie back into shape. She wouldn't run at the last seminar I was at (last weekend) so I don't think she's ready yet - not sure if it's a physical or mental thing. It really took her a long time after her last litter to want to play agility. At least I can get her spayed soon - hopefully that will take care of the hormone issues.

I haven't done much training lately since I seem to have some problems with my hip - have been going to physio, so hope it's feeling better soon. Blast has been doing quite well, but we'll see what happens when we start to trial outdoors - he really has a hard time with distractions.

We have 3 trials coming up in the next little while, then it's our regionals, so hope we can keep it together! I even entered Boo in a trial - just in jumpers & a steeplechase run, so he will be very excited!

No comments: