About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Monday, January 12, 2009

First Trial of 2009!

The first trial of 2009 was an excellent start for Boo. I entered him in 5 runs since I"m still not doing a full trial with him. He Q'd in 4 out of 5 runs, so he was a good boy! I've been trying to get him off the start line faster, so I"ve stopped telling him to wait, I just tell him to sit & try & get him a little rev'd up before he leaves the start line, so that seems to be working not too bad. He should have got the gamble, but I screwed him up - it was an awkward weave pole entry & I should have trusted him, but I didn't, I called him & he shot past the entry & got a refusal.

He Q'd in Steeplechase, Standard, Jumpers & Snooker - first time we've done snooker since before Nationals! What a good little fella!

Bizzie on the other hand, was quite the little brat. She ran off several times, once to bark at the judge, always came back, but was creating her own courses. I guess the only positive was she was running really fast! Oh, & she did perfect weave poles, including the entry in the team run. Probably her jumpers round was the best run for her, but I have to remember she needs way more help than Boo so that she doesn't run by a jump, etc. We have more focus work to do with her & self control drills.

Blast was grounded for this trial, when he shows he can pay attention for a little longer, I'll enter him again.

Cactus was her usual self & knocked a few more bars than she usually does, & had a few fly offs. Wayne did get in a couple of rear crosses, which he's trying to work on. He also joined the "Kiss the Dirt Club" when he tripped & did a nice face plant!

1 comment:

manymuddypaws said...

i saw him fall- but missed the reason! I thought he tripped over her out of the tunnel!

busy did much better after she realised you were serious! :o)