About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Practice Night

Well, we had a practice at the Fez Dome last night. I was very proud of myself for sticking to my guns & stopping Blast after every 3 obstacles to treat him. The first run he was quite distracted, but still came for his treat...The second run, we did every 5 obstacles & he was great. At the end of the night he did a whole jumpers course with no running off! Yeah Blast!


Bizzie has been practicing her start lines (as in not bolting when I take her leash off) & keeping her stay. She did pretty well, ran off once to visit a cute schipperke...

We ran the 2007 Regionals jumper course & she was actually clean the first run - she did a couple of spins, but not where they would be faulted.. but I was more impressed with her focus than the fact that she ran cleanish... she is getting much better obstacle committment, but we still need to work on her go on.

Boo was awesome - ran clean & fast, just would like to tighten up some of his lines. He is starting off faster now. He really seems to like this arena - hope that lasts for the next trial there!

Wayne was actually working on some rear crosses with Cactus. I think that would really help them on many of their runs - just because you can run fast doesn't mean you need to do ALL front crosses !

1 comment:

manymuddypaws said...

I am glad that it worked to reward Blast so often! That is great news!