About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Eve

We spent New Year's Eve at the trial at Wet Ck this year. They offered 3 courses - Masters' Standard, Masters' Team & Steeplechase.

Boo didn't run well on the Standard course, not sure why, but he was slow & ran by the chute - never done that before. He ran better in Steeplechase & Q'd. We didn't enter team.

Cactus managed one of her signature fly offs on the Standard course - big air!

I entered Bizzie & Blast in steeplechase just cause they were there. Bizzie was naughty & took off the minute I took her leash off - obviously something we need to work on - but after that, she did a good job & finished the whole course with no faults, but had some weave pole issues, so we were over time. We decided to let Wayne run Blast & he ran well - no zoomies, but Wayne got lost & then they had a weave pole entry problem, but it was great progress that he stayed with Wayne. (A little hard for me to swallow since I've done all the work with him!) We had been at the Turners before the trial, so the dogs were all running around letting off steam, so I'm using that as the reason that Blast was more attentive!


After the trial, they played some games, but us "old folk" left to go home, but a fun time was had by all!

No comments: