About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Practice, practice, practice

I sat down recently to make a list of my goals for my dogs this year, having been inspired by Amanda to do that, & wow, do I have a lot to work on...

I realized that I haven't been using my practice time the best way, so this year, we've joined another agility group so we will have more practice time in a different environment, and I'm going to try to stick to my plan.

We've had two practices at the Fez Dome in the past 2 weeks where we have a course set up at one end & just random equipment at the other, so we can work on parts of courses, or whole courses or just specific skills, so I think this will be really helpful.

Bizzie has been paying attention better. I had someone stand in the middle of a course to be a "judge" & she looked at her but didn't bark, so that's some progress.

Blast was quite distracted with the new environment & new dogs, etc... Wayne ran him once & realized that maybe he won't pay attention to him any more than me, so it was a bit of an eye opener for him.

Boo ran awesome both weeks, he seems to really like the sand surface for some reason. I do have to practice rear crossing into the weave poles, though...

Anyhow, it was great fun & I feel that I'm heading in the right direction now.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

good Job Penny! Sounds like that set up will work well for you, and if you are already seeing results, that is awesome!

Hey and if you ever want a change of scenery, you are always welcome to come train here (and wayne too : ) )

manymuddypaws said...

I want to see your list! :o)

I second the invite...you could come and spend the weekend...

Papillon Penny said...

My list is VERY LONG!