About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Monday, March 9, 2009

ASCA trial

This weekend was the ASCA trial out at Wet Creek. It was so cold, I took Blast out to pee & he picked up 2 feet, then just laid down, I felt so bad for him, he doesn't like the cold at all. With the wind chill, it was probably -30.

The trial was lots of fun, kind of a cross between NADAC & AAC I'd say. There's no tire or chute or spread or double jumps. The contacts are all rubber coated. The courses were fairly challenging, but there are no refusals, so that really helps with the young dogs. There were 3 Gamblers, 5 Jumpers, and 4 Standard rounds, so lots of running! I just entered the young ones to see how they can cope with a full trial & they did pretty well, although Blast was absolutely exhausted by the end of Sunday! Boo was pouting cause he didn't get to play.

The Good News:

Bizzie earned 4 Q's, so she got a Novice Gamblers titles & a Novice Jumpers title.
Blast also earned 4 Q's, so he got a Novice Jumpers title too.
Blast also received a Standard Q, which is quite an achievement for him (who hates to slow down for contacts, etc.)
Cactus made most of her contacts, so maybe the rubber contacts will help her!

The Bad News:

Bizzie left the ring twice off the start line, so was eliminated... not even sure what set her off.
Bizzie did a "flying teeter" at full speed (it never even moved) - I don't think she even noticed, just kept running.
Blast had some major zoomies (just when we thought he was getting better), but there were a lot of strange dogs & people there, so I think that affected him.


The Funny News:

The judge was quite taken with the "giant papillon" & wanted one of his puppies when I breed him! Of course he is NEUTERED!

No comments: