About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday Fun!

Well, Sunday was crap for weather, but great for agility!
The one day trial was tons of fun!

I'm so proud of my little Bizzie - she ran great 3 out of 4 runs - we were first dog on the line for the first class (Steeplechase) & she was clean until the 3rd last obstacle when she took the wrong end of the tunnel (not sure why - I must have taken a step that way before she was committed).

The standard round had a few problems - distracted at the end of the arena by the horse poop, & blew a couple of contacts, but her weaves are getting very good!

She Q'd in snooker with 3 sixes (a pinwheel of jumps) & finished the closing! That's her Starters Snooker title! Yeah - pretty good for a rookie!

Last run was another Steeplechase & she ran awesome - 2 sets of 12 weaves & a few rear crosses, which we're still working on, & she Q'd, which is her first Steeplechase Q - what a good girl!


Blast had a pretty good day - it was a small trial, so maybe it was slightly less distracting for him.

He missed a few obstacle in the first steeplechase, but I just let him keep going & made no corrections...

He did the first half of the standard course very well, then blew a contact & missed the weave pole entry, but did go back & do them, so really he did quite well.

I did the same Snooker path with him that I did with Bizzie & he Qualified as well! It wasn't necessarily pretty - but we got it done! Good Boy!
That's his Starters Snooker title as well!

Steeplechase 2 was a weird run - he started off slow & seemed to be really concentrating, then with 3 obstacles to go (we were clean) he went & pooped - note to self - if he's slow, take him off the course!!

Since it was a smaller trial, I had only 1 dog between Blast & Bizzie, so it was difficult to be organized - I worked every Adv class & ran in every Masters & Starters class... I also had another dog with me that I was babysitting so I had to look after her as well. Wayne did take them out to potty a few times, but he doesn't know Blast like I do, so he didn't wait for him long enough to potty very well.

Boo Q'd in both Steeplechase runs, had 5 F in Standard when he ran past the chute (odd) & did a backjump in snooker (my fault). He wasn't running very fast - not sure if he's sore.

All in all, it was a fun time, a nice relaxed trial & fun courses!

No comments: