About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Monday, March 2, 2009

The Past Week...

On Wed, we did the Wee Wed trial with Bizzie & Blast... the courses were standard & jumpers.

The Starters Standard course was quite difficult (I thought) and out of 26 dogs, there were no Q's (and quite a few were higher level dogs running FEO)

Blast did quite well, had 5 faults & only once did he take off & he came right back.

Bizzie had fun! She got caught up in that tunnel vortex thing & had 15 faults... she also vaulted off the Aframe & the teeter (I'm sure Cactus has been coaching her on the side!) She did a beautiful running contact on the DW though.



The jumpers course was very nice, both the dogs had 5 faults - Bizzie actually had a faster time than Blast! - she was really runnin', so I was quite pleased with the way they both ran.



I did the Kathy Keats seminar with Blast on the weekend & he did awesome. It was good to hear how Kathy was impressed with his improvement. One thing she mentioned to me was that he has such a huge stride for a little dog, I have to be aware of his take off spots & his committment point to the jumps. Anyhow, I was proud of how well he behaved!



On anther note - the soft tent I tried out with Bizzie & Blast together didn't work so well... Blast kept hamster rolling it & Biz was getting tossed about, so Blast went back to his regular kennel & Bizzie was happy having the whole thing to herself.



We also had a practice at the Fez Dome, so I had a chance to practice with all 3 dogs... Bizzie used to have a great teeter, but I think she's too excited to stay on it until it tips & she's jumping on from the side, so I have to figure out how to fix that. I'm still having trouble getting her to run down the Aframe.. if it's not too cold out this week I can work on that in the back yard.

No comments: