About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Awesome Practice

I just got back from a practice at the barn.. what a great practice - there was nobody there, so I worked on some of the Kathy Keats jump exercises. Blast is such an awesome boy when there are no distractions - he was really good - did the exercises fast & correct, read all my crosses & was really focused. Too bad he can't do that in a trial setting.... I have him entered in the ASCA trial on Sat, so we'll see what happens.


Bizzie did pretty well too - she does go off to sniff the horse poop once in a while, but all in all she was a good girl. We worked on her weave poles, as usual. She still doesn't do well on off side, but if I stay behind her a bit she does better. She's quite funny - she starts to squeak when she gets near the end. I have to really watch her where the 2 sets of poles join or she gets confused & either pops out or does some fancy dance & ends up on the wrong side of the pole. Her jump work is getting better - she's starting to drive ahead more.


I ran Boo through the jump exercises a couple of times & he did well, but he didn't have enough speed to do the rear crosses that well, I had to slow down quite a bit so he was ahead of me.


I brought Cactus with me & worked on rear crosses with her. She gets so high I think it's hard for her to concentrate on learning new skills - we spent some time on getting her to settle down a bit & also to take her treats nicely - she drew blood last week grabbing a treat from me & that didn't go over too well!

1 comment:

manymuddypaws said...

wow, sounds like you had a great training session! i always like it when it goes so well that you can see results.

you are right on the money about cactus. :o)