About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To Stop or Not to Stop...

Well, I'm seriously considering scrapping the running contact on the A-frame for Blast - I know it's probably less demanding on his body, but I think it's too confusing to have a 2 on 2 off on the dogwalk & a running contact on the frame. He's started to use the Cactus method where he vaults off way above the yellow!

I know I probably haven't trained it properly - using the box method, but in class he's offering the 2o2o on the A-frame every time he gets a chance & he doesn't like to be wrong.. so maybe I should just bite the bullet & be consistent with what I'm training on contacts.... and after the Masters Gamble at the last trial, I see where it is sometimes an advantage to have a stop!

Any opinions?

2 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

you know my opinion :o)

I think that for Blast it will make a world of difference to have a 2o2o for all contacts- for a few reasons.

The main reason is your main issue is focus and control with him- if you have stop on the contacts that is going to be another way to reconnect with him on course- which is what really needs to happen all the time with him

With Blast's build and running style I don't think it will be hard on him at all- as long as he is looking down and not up when he is coming off the contacts you will be fine.

You should start doing some of the board games we did at Kim Collins- I bet in a few weeks of practicing he will get it.

Sarah said...

LOL Amanda.

ya what she said. haha