About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Thursday, October 30, 2008

To Stop or Not to Stop - the Sequel

Well, Blast & I have been working on his 2o2o on the A-frame this week. He really seems to be understanding what I want. He's offering it at class every time he has a chance. Next step is to get him to "assume the position" even when I don't stop, which he does sometimes, but still needs work. He's trying hard & we are having some successes, so I'm happy with my decision.



We played a fun game at our last agility class this week. It's called Double Dog Dare Ya!

You have 40 sec to accumulate as many points as possible - clock starts & stops on the table...

each piece of equipment is worth points - similar to gamblers - but every time you go over the A-frame successfully, your points are doubled! Great fun - unfortunately, I have a hard time estimating how much time I have since we were over time both runs!

5 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

explain the game to me in better detail? so the a-frame only is worth double points?

amanda

Papillon Penny said...

OK, if you do 2 tunnels & have 4 pts, then go over the A-frame & hit the contact you now have 8 pts, (if you miss the contact, your pts are cut in half); getting close to the end of your time, if you've accumulated 20 points, & you do the a-frame again, you now have 40 points...& you can do the frame as many times as you want, so you can double your total points many times if you're fast..make sense?

Sarah said...

that sounds like a fun game!!

would get the adrenalline going!

manymuddypaws said...

think of all the points I could get!

manymuddypaws said...

with Wicca....

boone says that a-frame contacts are for weenies :o)