About Me

My photo
My name is Penny & I'm an agility addict

Saturday, October 11, 2008

ROBBED!

Today I'm feeling bad for my daughter (who's 6 mo pregnant).
When she got home from work last night she noticed the front door looked funny - sure enough, someone broke into their home, (which is in a really nice neighborhood.)
Her first concern was Finnegan, her giant muppet aka Labradoodle, or the Pony as my mom calls him. He was locked in the laundry room - and just fine - some watchdog - she needed one of those "Yappillons"...

Anyhow, bottom line is the front door is damaged so they have to replace that, the thief stole their big screen TV, their other TV, all their Wii games, but not the Wii..., both their cameras, one was almost brand new & a bunch of jewellry with sentimental value, a custom pendant Kory made for Anita with a tanzanite from Africa, her great grandma's pearls, etc.
I feel so bad for them - they're both really busy at work right now & trying to get everything ready for the baby, & now they have all the hassle involved with insurance & buying new stuff...
Both sets of neighbors were home all day & heard or saw nothing!

I guess the moral of the story is be aware, hide your good jewellry, & make sure you have insurance!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Poochie Mama, I love it!
Sorry to hear about your daughter, it can be very scary worrying about that. They needed Cavall in the house. Though they probaly knew it was safe to go in.
I am with you on this blog thing. I am stumbling my way through it.
We got to see ALL 4 of our grandkids this weekend! What a treat. Take care and see ya on the weekend.